Τα 6 πιο σημαντικά χαρακτηριστικά για αποτελεσματική διδασκαλία (Hopkins and Stern, 1996).
What are my 5 “essentials” for effective teaching? (imaginED:education that inspires) Trust – Engagement – Assessment- Curiosity – Hope
«Benefits of Empathy in Teaching and Learning
Finally in terms of benefits to teaching, learning and the classroom environment, empathy is a necessary precursor in order for the following to develop:
- Foundation of the teacher-student relationship: With educator empathy, the learner feels as though the educator has a genuine interest in and really understands him-her.
- Individualized, differentiated, and personalized education: There is absolutely no way an educator can tailor instruction to the meet their learners’ needs, interests, desires without empathy.
- Meeting the social emotional needs of the students: “Addressing the host of unmet deling empathy to increase empathy by the learners: When educators walk the talk of empathy, students can see empathy in action and develop those skills for themselves. ‘Ultimately, creating empathy comes down to leading children by example. “We have to model what we want them to do”‘ (Creating Empathy in the Classroom).»
«Some strategies that educators can do for setting up conditions for learner empowerment include:
- Provide learners with opportunities for authentic voice. See Today’s Education Should Be About Giving Learners Voice and Choice.
- Provide forums and venues for learners to tell their own stories. See Providing Opportunities for Learners to Tell Their Stories.
- Implement passion projects. Visit this Passion Project – Genius Hour Pinterest board for ideas.
- Give learners lots of choices and options. See Today’s Education Should Be About Giving Learners Voice and Choice.
- Model the democratic process in the school environment by giving learners the power to make school-related decisions. See Alfie Kohn’s Choices for Children Why and How to Let Students Decide.
- Implement self-evaluation and self-assessment processes. See Strategies to enhance student self-assessment.
- Help learners learn the skills and strategies for service and social activism. See Social Media a Cause: Learning Activity.
- Encouraging learners to publish their work in public platforms (blogs, video and photo sharing sites) in order to get feedback from an authentic audience. See 4 Paths to Engaging Authentic Purpose and Audience«